Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinons on heavy music

2 posters

Go down

Opinons on heavy music Empty Opinons on heavy music

Post  yomahunter932 Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:54 pm

I find heavy bands tend to have a deeper meaning behind their songs
yomahunter932
yomahunter932
Just a Browser
Just a Browser

Back to top Go down

Opinons on heavy music Empty Re: Opinons on heavy music

Post  xBRYCEx Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 am

Well it all depends on the band.... Bands like liferuiner death before dishoner, casey jones, cockpunch, and xafbx are all straight edge bands that have songs about loving yourself and being yourself and hating posers and people who do things just for attention and to be popular

Bands like august burns red, Norma jean, the chariot, and the devil wears prada are all hardcore Christian bands and it's obvious what they sing about

bands like ramallah sing about conspiracys (it's weird but good music)

and a lot of the other hardcore / metal bands sing about choices

And a lot of the bands just suck!
xBRYCEx
xBRYCEx
Novice Member
Novice Member

http://www.myspace.com\zipzen44

Back to top Go down

Post  yomahunter932 Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:57 am

Ya that's true while some have deeper meanings others just don't, Blessthefall has awsome lyrics and meanings behind their songs, Bring me the Horizen isn't christian like Blessthefall but they have some deep lryics behind some of their songs.
yomahunter932
yomahunter932
Just a Browser
Just a Browser

Back to top Go down

Post  xBRYCEx Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:35 am

Blessthefall was ok until craig left when he left the band it started to suck to me
idk I never could dig bmth hardcore / metal was born from born from 80's punk like minor threat ( the inventors of straight edge XXX) and teen idles all of their music had a deeper meaning it was all about being yourself a lot like today's hardcore but it was also about not going with the flow or Doing things just to be noticed it was about starting with nothing playing shows for people that loved your music (not to be scene show sluts) there was just soo much meaning to the music back then and still today in some bands like the ones I named up there and I just feel that a lot of the bands comming out today are just like hey let's scream play some bouble bass peddle maybe play some two step music and we will be cool people will loves us and we will get laid and they aren't playing for the actual music or the message behind te music

haha sorry for the rant hardcore is a soft spot for me
xBRYCEx
xBRYCEx
Novice Member
Novice Member

http://www.myspace.com\zipzen44

Back to top Go down

Post  yomahunter932 Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:19 am

na it's ok i get what your saying. I didn't really like the new Blessthefall at first either but since i bought the cd with hopes of songs similar to Black Rose Dying, after repetitive listening and reading of the lryics it grew on me quite a bit. i only really listen to new BMTH like The Sadness Will Never End and Suicide Season, don't really care for the older songs from them but yea it seems that some of the newer bands just put a bunch of words together and call it music, in my opinion the best music leaves an impact.
yomahunter932
yomahunter932
Just a Browser
Just a Browser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down